Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still thinking ...

Have you ever noticed how everyone has an opinion on your travel plans?

Doesn't matter if you are going away for a few days, weeks or months everyone wants to offer their 2 cents worth regarding your plans. So it is with this trip.

The biggest for me is people's opinions/theories on why I would want to go on a holiday for my 30th birthday. Some people think its a great idea. Others think it is a typical Gen Y reaction to something we don't want to face (yes I am Gen Y but only just). Others think I should want to celebrate a milestone birthday surrounded by family and friends.

That last one stumps me. Recently two very dear friends returned from a trip to South America during which they got married. Their wedding was in a remote part of Peru and whilst they invited a number of people I know that some key loved ones (including the brides parents) were unable to attend. For the couple, although the day was amazing it seems tinged with sadness when they recall those who couldn't go. Maybe these people are right, maybe I should have my family around, but then I remember that I really shouldn't be thinking about what anyone else but me, the birthday girl, wants.

Whichever way I twist it in my mind I still plan to go ... where though is the subject of much debate and further postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment