Monday, October 25, 2010

How wonderful to travel with family

Just back from a weekend at The Entrance with my family - parents, bro, sis, sis-in-law and their kids. It was wonderful to spend time with them (I haven't seen them since June, which is totally my fault as I live so far away). Anyway so we decided to just randomly go away. The idea originally started as mum and I going away but that was WAY too $$$$ and this worked out better in the end.

Friday and Saturday morning were glorious - sun shine, lite breeze perfect for flying a kite (lucky I had one with me). Lots of swimming at the beach until mid-afternoon when all the little people went for a time out and the heavens opened!

Rain sucks when you are on holidays. It double sucks when it traps people under 3 its not so good - little kids, it turns out get cabin fever very quickly!

When we were away we watched Charlie and Boots. It's a sweet Aussie film that sort of grows on you. Its about this father/son duo that decide to drive from Victoria to far North QLD to fish. As they drive their story unfolds of loss and forgiveness. Its a nice film and it got me thinking, why have I ruled out Australia for my birthday holiday. I mean honestly, what is so bad about taking 4 weeks leave, filling the car with petrol and then just driving?

Well whilst it sounds great the biggest I think downside is that May is the end of autumn here in Australia, so its cold. I'd have to go way up north to avoid the cold and even then its not guaranteed. hmmmm I will look into it though cause its not a completely bad idea, not a bad idea at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment