For a while now I have been leaning towards the USA for this trip. Its somewhere I have wanted to go since I was tiny and still to this day holds a lot of interest for me. Richard is also keen on a holiday to the US so its been easy to think down that path.
But last night I watched The Sound of Music and looking at the divine scenery of Austria it made me think once again of Europe. I love Europe and have done some travel there (UK and Paris) so there are great memories attached. There are also a lot of places I haven't been and would love to go. Richard has family in Germany and so it would be cool to see where his family comes from. We also have friends in Norway and Finland so it would be great to see them.
Although I had started to think it was USA all the way Europe has side tracked me and got me thinking.
Hmmmmmmm when this much money is involved its so hard to decide. When I went to the UK and Paris it was easy. Since I was little I had dreamed of seeing London and Paris so i just threw in Ireland, Scotland and the rest of England. It made sense. I only had 6 weeks to do the trip so it made more sense to me to pick one place and do it properly rather than trying to do all of Europe in that time frame. So if we went to Europe it would have to be on similar terms (one specific region for the allotted time).
Oh and to throw some more complexity into deciding the in-laws have an apartment in Paris where we could stay. Certainly a good offer for people wanting to travel on the cheap.
Back to thinking I guess
No comments:
Post a Comment