Very recently my Mum went into hospital. It wasn't major (though I guess going into hospital for anything is kind of major) but as you can imagine we were all really worried. A sick parent is always the hardest to hear. Parents are strong, brave, and will always be there so any sickness is a dramatic reminder of theirs and my mortality.
Its poignant when thinking about turning 30. When I was a little girl, 30 seemed such a world away and now its right around the corner looming large on the horizon.
I dreamt of achieving everything by the time I was 30 but now that its nearly here I realise that is such a silly goal. For what will I achieve after 30 if I got all of the important things ticked off my list already.
So ill parent + looming 30th birthday = prioritizing
Right now the most important things in life are my family - the one I was born into (Mum, Dad, Ellen, Beau and Katherine), the ones we picked (Richard, David and Melissa) and the ones whose lives I will bear witness too (Harrison, Paige and Charlotte).
That's the easy priority - it costs very little money to love your family and make sure they know it. Everything else is harder.
Right now I am saving for this trip but on the side I am also saving for the things of which I dream - a marriage, a home and a baby. But for right now, lets just worry about where to go on my birthday holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment