Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthdays


This weekend is Richard's birthday and I am having great fun planning his birthday surprise. Made me think how wonderful it would be to be away for our birthday next year.

2 years ago my sister was in Thailand for her 25th birthday (on her honeymoon, so already on a romantic getaway). Anyway they had a wonderful time doing something so crazy and different to every day that as far as I am aware it tops the list of best birthdays she has ever had.

SO ... my point is that if I do want to go away for my birthday then we should try to go away for Richards as well. That means being away from at least 30 April (wouldn't want to travel on his birthday) and then not back until at least June! That's 6 weeks leave! That is a lot of leave, but I would definitely have it accrued by then it would just be a matter of what it costs and where we go. 6 weeks or 35 days traveling is a lot more to plan than 14 days that is for sure.

Thinking back, my trip to the UK/Paris was for 6 weeks - 4 days London/Bath at the start; 10 days Ireland; 10 days Scotland; 10 days England; 4 days Paris; 2 days London and home.

Right - I need a plan. I love a good plan and it will help me focus on saving/planning. After all time is moving forward, whether I have time for it to do that or not.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY FOR SUNDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment