2009 was a terrible year personally so this year we were in need of some healing. 2010 has been hard professionally but personally it has been a pretty good year.
My parents as always provide me with healing. They are always there to listen and to remind me that I am a good person. They also provide that all important country refuge. When its all too much in the city I can run to their place and enjoy good company, good conversation and the mental separation that sometimes I so desperately need.
Time with my nephew and nieces is always healing. There is nothing like seeing a child achieve something to remember that the world is an amazing place.
Losing weight has helped. There are few things as good for the soul as putting on a piece of clothing that fits when you are afraid it won't.

Surprisingly, I have also found playing some World of Warcraft to be healing. Its wonderful as it something that I do with Richard but also because you have to focus on the game otherwise you die ... and I hate that! (yes, that is a screen cap of my character, it was taken as that blue and white box is meant to be a boat in the new Cataclysm expansion that didn't work)
In 2011 I hope to spend more time with the people I love .... love is the great healer
No comments:
Post a Comment