Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23 - New name.

Let's meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?

Hi, my name is Scarlett


All my life I have suffered from allergies, as my allergies are dust/pollen related they tended to give me a terribly runny nose. I also had a terrible habit of never remembering to bring a hanky. When my nose would start to run my mother would always call me Scarlett (a fellow tissue forgetter) and on a few occasions she would comment that I should have been a Scarlett.

In a slide aside - I am the only one of my siblings who loves the film yet all the others have GWTW names:
- Ellen
- Beau
- Katherine Ashley

Ever since I was little I thought my first daughter would be Scarlett Colleen and I still think that will be her name (yes, I realise Richard will get some say but hopefully he will say ok) so would be good to test it out. Isn't that what the baby name books/websites recommend?

Alys confuses people some times. Both when they spell it but when they say it. I have always maintained that the only "variation" of my name that makes me mad is Alyson. Seriously! I can understand Elise etc but where does the "on" come from???? Also I have always had to spell it so it would be interesting to see if that is the same with Scarlett.

So yeah, I would be known as Scarlett Baxter ..

No comments:

Post a Comment