Friday, February 18, 2011

Tenth anniversary

Today is the tenth anniversary of my move to Sydney. Its been quite the adventure and I have changed a lot since first arriving in Sydney.

When I first moved to Sydney I was engaged to my high school sweetheart. I had my first office job and I was living with my cousin Nathan, his girl Lisa and a friend of theirs Brian. It was a crazy adventure to move all this way and I don't think I really appreciated what it meant at the time.

Sometimes I can depress myself thinking about what I missed out on living so far from my family but you can't think like that. I made the call to move to and stay in Sydney and overall the city has been good to me.

Found the man of my dreams, had some great jobs, learned some tough lessons, made some friends along the way and still got to be a part of my families life (I just have to work at it).

I do feel often as though I will always be a country girl but I no longer feel out of place here. Although I will never understand the crazy people on the bus/train or why you can get crazy lost, walk around the corner and know exactly where you are.

Here's to the last 10 and the next 10, and the 10 after that. No matter where I am and what I am doing I hope its a great adventure.

The above photos of Sydney were taken on dates with Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment