Sunday, March 20, 2011

You are my sunshine ...


I saw this image on Olive & Joy and although I am annoyed that I will now be singing that song all afternoon I do love the image.

For me this image has a connection to childhood and so whenever I sing the song I think of my mum. She is my sunshine and she does make me happy when I am having the worst of days.

I am so blessed to have been able to travel with my mum through England and Paris. It was only 3 weeks but it some of the best memories of my life. Seeing cool places and discovering new things with the woman who knows you so well is very cool. Yes, we had our moments where we had our differences. I do not like talking over breakfast, but Mum was so excited about what lay ahead for the day she was chatter away. I tried to be a good listener but in the end we kept leaving early for places only to discover touristy things weren't open. But you know what, as we waited for the tour bus in Paris we got to walk along the Seine in quiet so I guess her plan worked.

Fingers crossed I will get to travel with my Mum again one day. We'd love to do a white Christmas one year so maybe then.

No comments:

Post a Comment