Tuesday, January 19, 2010

two sides

I have been glum about turning 30 since my 28th birthday. But it occurred to me that there are 2 sides to every story and that maybe (just maybe) there was another way to look at it.

For although I may not be where I had intended to be (married, royalty and a mum) there is still plenty working in my favour. I am still young (even if I don't always feel that way), I have a job that pays me enough to allow for saving, I don't have any major debts hanging over my head (although I do have a credit card), the only one dependent on me for feeding them is my cat Rory AND I want to avoid turning 30!

So what is a girl to do .... and where in the world is she to do it? For you see a plan is slowly formulating in my mind. For if one does not want to turn 30 and has (as we all must) realised that there is no possible way to physically avoid it then perhaps one should delay it for as long as possible.

In the small country town of Muswellbrook on Monday 25 May 1981 at 7am Australian Eastern Standard Time Alys Baxter was born ... but that isn't where she has to turn 30!

Officially the last major city to see the sun rise on 25 May 2011 is HONOLULU, HAWAII. Now that has got me thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment